The transformative renovation of this deteriorating historic factory building will propel the city of Cambridge into the modern innovation economy.
During the 20th century the Phillips Packing Company grew to be the largest producer of canned tomatoes in the world and helped sustain the regional economy for the first half of the twentieth century. Factory F, built incrementally between 1920 and 1987, served as the main tomato facility.
While preserving the building’s physical integrity, design for the re-branded Packing House will provide a mix innovative spaces intended to advance technology, agriculture, aquaculture with sensitivity towards the local ecology. A shared innovation hub with both office and lab space will attract local entrepreneurs, businesses and non-pro and non-profits.