Shannon Dowling has focused on creating dynamic, student-centered learning environments throughout her career. Her extensive knowledge of educational trends and challenges informs her work in planning, programming, and design. Shannon works closely with administrators, faculty members, and students to optimize academic settings and create inspirational and highly functional spaces.
Shannon’s interest in lifelong learning is reflected in the diverse array of educational environments she has created, from the adaptive use of historic structures to the development of forward-thinking university master plans. She enjoys research and devising innovative strategies to address evolving educational requirements and learning styles.
- Southern California Institute of Architecture, Master of Architecture, Metropolitan Research + Design, 2003
- Virginia Tech, Bachelor of Architecture, 2000
- Instructor, Virginia Commonwealth University Interior Design Department
- Richmond Public Schools Gifted Advisory Council
- SCUP Mid-Atlantic
- Virginia Educators United