Katie knows that a successful building is not just a beautiful building, but is one that is responsive to the community and occupant’s needs. She values the work she has done at QEA on museums, zoos and historic sites for the way in which they foster opportunities for students, families and individuals to have a unique experience and develop a lifelong interest in history, art, and nature. In her work at the National Zoo, she has learned that animals take the definition of “stakeholder” to a whole other level!
- University of Michigan, Master of Architecture, 2003
- The Catholic University of America, Bachelor of Architecture, 2001
- American Institute of Architects
- Association of Preservation Technology
- U.S. National Committee of the International Council on Monuments and Sites